Engine Temperature and Transmission Temperature Gauges

* Engine Temperature Gauge

I've become pretty disgusted with the performance of the stock temperature gauge. It "works" when it wants to and when it does it is far from accurate. I've read enough about the miserable performance of the stock stuff when in perfect condition, much less 20 years old, to not even want to mess with getting it to work.

My plan is to use a later model thermostat housing with the temperature sensor in it and hook up an aftermarket gauge to it. Any recommendations for a quality gauge at a decent price?

* Transmission Temperature Gauge

What I would like to do here is run two temperature sensors - one before the cooler and one after. I'll run both sensors to one gauge with a switch to toggle back and forth. Any gauge or sensor recommendations here?

Thanks,

Willy

I like my 2 1/16" Autometer Ultra Lites. I think the temp gauges were about $40 each and an extra sender is like $15 I think. I originally had them mounted in an a-pillar pod as well, they make one for the XJ now.

I like my 2 1/16" Autometer Ultra Lites. I think the temp gauges were about $40 each and an extra sender is like $15 I think. I originally had them mounted in an a-pillar pod as well, they make one for the XJ now.

This sounds pretty nice. Do you have pictures of them mounted?

Thanks,

Willy