Dana 30 questions

i just gutted everything but my pinion shaft from my front axle its a 89 with CAD & 3.55 gears. the CAD has been shimmed already but I'm thinking of upgrading to a one piece shaft with the bigger u-joints. it all started with the need for new ball joints and grew into almost a complete rebuild. I basically have three questions:

1. will any 96 and up one piece shaft work from a tj or xj? is spline count the same on differential end and hub end?

2. I want to change the knuckle so i can get rid of the tapered collar that has to be changed with the lower ball joint. its my understanding that anything after 90 doesnt have this. will a unit bearing from an 89 fit one of these newer knuckles?

3. when i switch two a one piece shaft do i remove the seal by the CAD and put one in at the carrier or leave the one by the CAD?

If your upgrading to the 1 piece shafts just make sure you get a set with the larger 297x joints on them. Depending on if it had ABS or not will depend on what joints it had.

Yes you will need new seals as well. The best thing to do is buy the conversion kit (includes seals and a block off plate) made by Yukon. Part number is YAW39147-KIT and retails for $50ish. Only downfall is it comes with no directions but it's a fairly straight-forward install.