2.5 guage cluster swap

I am beginning to give up hope on finding a full gauge cluster out of a 2.5 equipped xj. Every single 2.5 equipped xj or mj I have found has the idiot light gauges. Is it possible to make the full gauge cluster out of a 4.0 work in a 2.5 mj?

There are some 4 cylinders with instruments, but you can use one froma 6 cylinder. The most important thing is the speedo hook up. There are threes styles early and later mechanical speedo and the late model electronic speedo. I think 87 is the transition for the two mechanical speedos. I know the early tachs are only 4 or 6 cylinder, but I've read here that the later ones can be switched. Either way it's no big deal. I hade a 6 cyl tach in a 4 cyl for 15 years until I found one to plug in. Just multiply the indicated reading by 1.5.

Is it possible to calibrate the tach for use with the 2.5?

It is possible. You need to remove the tach from the cluster and then ajust the pet. There is not a correct setting for any truck but on a 2.5 it should ideal around 700 + or - 50 rpm

Here is a picture of what your looking for

t is possible. You need to remove the tach from the cluster and then ajust the pet. There is not a correct setting for any truck but on a 2.5 it should ideal around 700 + or - 50 rpm

That sounds pretty greek to me, but I think I will just get one out of a 4.0 and see if I can figure it out. Then if not, just pester the crap out of you guys... :D until I get it working.