??? about future build

I'm looking to (in the next year or so) build a XJ for wheeling and I'm looking for some opinions from people that have first hand experience on it. it's gunna start when I'm done with my tour in japan so i got time to save and find things. the wheeling I'm looking to do is nothing to extreme. your basic trails of mud and snow, and some rocks but not rockcrawling

now into the down and dirty of it all. I'm looking to run 33's but maybe 35's and I'm trying not to do this by lifting like 6+ inches. i will be hacking at fenders and other means to help clearance. i wanna do this on a slight budget but the right way, not by buying a bunch or aal's and bumpstops. I'm talking coils outta f-150's and making leaf packs but I'm not gunna skimp on it, or even buying different parts from different kits. and I'm looking to make over the steering and possibly the drivetrain. I've got donor d44s and d60s lined up.

that's what I'm looking to achieve but I'd like anyone's input on they're attempts, success and failures. any opinion will be great to hear in helping me and warning me. thanks guys

Give me a week or so and ill tell you if 35s will fit on a XJ with 4.5" of lift. I don't want to go that high but i feel like i needed to since the rear fenders can only be trimmed and massaged so far. I am thinking of popping the pinch seem and retacking it higher up. I may rivet it IDK. My stick welder don't like sheet metal and neither do I when welding. I think i will net about 5" in the rear and i want to stay 4.5 up front if i can. SYE are mostly for 96 and newer XJs as well. The older ones Tcase output is shorter and helps the driveline angles. I have to wait till next weekend to button it up if i can do it by then(got a motor to find buy and install) I will be doing a write-up so watch for it.

Cole