1999 XJ - Keyless Remote Programming

summerinmaine

What would you need the voltage regulator for? Also, another thought ( up to three I think :chillin: ). There may need to be another module on the bus to make it work. The DRB becomes a dominate node on the bus, but CCD needs two, and the RKE module is :dunno: ?

5v source if you need to tie in sensors, ECUs, etc, plus a 12V regulator just for the hell of it, I am/was assuming that some preexisting 12V source would be used.

I dunno what else would need to be in place, there is no BCM on the XJ, but there are other modules, on the CCD, PCM, TCU, ACM, ABS, and guage cluster(plus the read only overhead console).

If I did build a benchtop setup, would you be willing to program some other things for me? The problem is I don't have access to a DRB or starscan....other than paying a dealer......

The sad part of all of this is that I believe the scan tool justs puts the theft/ receiver module in to program mode, and the module does everything else. Can't speak CCD can you?

My J1850 is a little rusty, really I only know how to ask where the bathroom is.

I would certainly be willing to give it a try. I probably have some old books around to tell me what termination needs to be on the CCD bus if you need it.

What do you mean by termination?

If necessary I could bench build a complete XJ for programming purposes.

With CAN you have two dominate nodes each with 120ohms terminating resistance. Every other module in non dominate and has approx 3K terminating resistance. I cannot remember my CCD (seems like so long ago :nuts: ) enough to remember what the resistances in the modules are. Have to do some research.

With CAN you have two dominate nodes each with 120ohms terminating resistance. Every other module in non dominate and has approx 3K terminating resistance. I cannot remember my CCD (seems like so long ago :nuts: ) enough to remember what the resistances in the modules are. Have to do some research.

Yes thats what I thought you meant, I know of other data bus's where that is the case, but had never seen in on the CCD bus(or PCI/CAN)

Does the PCI bus have something similar?

PCI modules do all have to have their own termination and bias. The PCM is dominate at 3,300 ohms, MIC at 2,400 ohms and all the rest are non dominate at 10,800 ohms. The DRB for PCI bus is non dominate at 11,000 ohms. It seems like DRB was dominate for CCD. I'm still looking for old books on that one.