WJ spindles on an MJ???

I'm not sure, but I think I remember reading that WJ spindles could be put onto an MJ dana 30 front axle if you changed to the WJ ball joints as well. Is this true? I don't remember where I saw this, but that would also allow the use of the CV axles and the upgraded brakes. If anyone has done this or knows if if it can be done, I would like to know. Thanks

Yes they can be used, but there are other issues. The WJ unit bearings have a different bolt pattern then our rigs. So you have to deal with that. The CV shafts are not as strong as the 297 shafts that the later xj's have. Also the 297's can be upgraded to 760 joints making them much stronger.

Also if you plan on re-using the stock axles the stub shaft is too long, which means you have to get a spacer and weld it to the knuckle.

great swap as long as your wheels will fit the calipers. 16" wheel is fine, but on some aluminum 15" wheels the calipers can rub or not fit.

You will need to use XJ unit bearings for the later model I believe, and you will want to use the spacers for sure. JKS makes all the parts you will need. If you go OTK with the steering you will want to buy a few more brackets from them as well to raise the trackbar and relocate the sway bar mounts. I will be doing this on my 2wd MJ eventually once I get around to it.