troubles with starting

Hello and good afternoon. I own a 1992 Jeep Comanche 4.0 straight 6 (96k miles). I have been having problems with starting. I changed my starter, cables and connections and still have problems with starting. Anyway, I have pretty much figured it could be in the automatic transmission shifter. When it is cold and has not been driven (and not shifted out of park) it will start. When it is warmed up and then driven...it will not start after killing the engine. I have all systems go (by this, I mean all instruments light up and no power to starter). Sometimes it will start after it has warmed up, but that is becoming few and far between. I can start in neutral without a problem.

My next question is how hard is it to clean the switch that is preventing it from starting...if that is the problem? Or do I have to spend an arm and leg to get it fixed. I have been putting a lot of time into this vehicle and I just want her to run, so that I feel comfortable about driving her anywhere. I know that owning a Jeep is problematic fun...but I just want a sanity right now. Thank you for your time. Peace

Conan