Mystery Vacuum??

I have searched everywhere, including my haynes manual for a detailed description of what this is. I am having problems with the lines going in, I think it is just a connector but am unsure.

Reffering to the picture below, here is my problem...

#1. The line broke off right outside of the inlet and i can't figure out how to install the line. It is a very tight fit and the remainder of the broken peice is still inside which creates a wonderfull whistling sound while driving. The vaccuum is comming out of the port and I have no idea what it is for. Any explinations and fix ideas?? :hmm:

#2. Same problem with this line. I have used a little rubber connector as a temporary fix. No idea what it is for, but can't get the line to re-insert.

#3. This I know is the MAP sensor line. I included it as a reference but it also is loose and falls out at times.

I also have a light comming on as I shift from gears 1 through 3. It doesnt light up in 4th and turns off when I depress the clutch and when I first engage in gear. I don't know what the light means, nothing on it in the haynes manual.

Thanks for the help... :cheers:

:USAflag:

I have searched everywhere, including my haynes manual for a detailed description of what this is. I am having problems with the lines going in, I think it is just a connector but am unsure.

Reffering to the picture below, here is my problem...

#1. The line broke off right outside of the inlet and i can't figure out how to install the line. It is a very tight fit and the remainder of the broken peice is still inside which creates a wonderfull whistling sound while driving. The vaccuum is comming out of the port and I have no idea what it is for. Any explinations and fix ideas?? :hmm:

#2. Same problem with this line. I have used a little rubber connector as a temporary fix. No idea what it is for, but can't get the line to re-insert.

#3. This I know is the MAP sensor line. I included it as a reference but it also is loose and falls out at times.

I also have a light comming on as I shift from gears 1 through 3. It doesnt light up in 4th and turns off when I depress the clutch and when I first engage in gear. I don't know what the light means, nothing on it in the haynes manual.

Thanks for the help... :cheers:

:USAflag:

It is a "look up" light :D . That is a stupid up shift light. The ultimate in idiot lights. Lets you know when to shift.

You could get rid of that plastic connector and splice your lines together with vacuum hose. Especially the MAP hose.

It is a "look up" light :D . That is a stupid up shift light. The ultimate in idiot lights. Lets you know when to shift.

You could get rid of that plastic connector and splice your lines together with vacuum hose. Especially the MAP hose.

You are sure that the plastic connector holds no other purpose? I would like to eliminate it as it just seems like a pain, but don't want any complications. I figured the light was something as dumb as that, wish I could get rid of it. On a side note...could a bad or going bad headlight swith effect my dome lights. One works only when I adjust it at the actual lense by moving it up or down but not at the switch, and the other doesnt work at all.

You are sure that the plastic connector holds no other purpose? I would like to eliminate it as it just seems like a pain, but don't want any complications. I figured the light was something as dumb as that, wish I could get rid of it. On a side note...could a bad or going bad headlight swith effect my dome lights. One works only when I adjust it at the actual lense by moving it up or down but not at the switch, and the other doesnt work at all.

Thanks for the help, i will check napa for that part and cost. I might just eliminate the part, the more I looked at it today the more i feel it is pointless. You will probably see a post up soon with some wiring questions on some new interior lights! Thanks guys. jamminz.gif