Rough Rider

My comanche is running rough. I just bought it and there was oil all over the motor. I degreased it to find the leak and came up empty. It didnt leak over the next few days so I figured it was just 125,000 miles worth of build up. The oil was low however, and I ended up overfilling it. Oil spilled out of the filler and went everywhere, so I cleaned it again. I then did a full oil changed and replaced the plugs. Before the change it was running very rough, spitting lots of smoke and shuttering pretty bad with a loss of power. I figured it would go away with the change and plugs but it still runs rough when I first start it up and am getting some smoke. After about 10 miles or so it seems to settle down but isnt running as strong as I would like it to and still shutters a bit in neutral. I only changed the oil last night so does this sound like left over oil burning off or could I have blown a seal or something. The only other thing that came to mind was fouling the tps or something when I was washing under the hood. ????? On a side note, The little ccv filter on the back of my valve cover is confusing me. There is a small piece of tubing comming out of it but it doesnt connect anywhere, where does it go? And do I have a pcv valve or not because I have this ccv system. I am also trying to get it to pass smog, any common problems? Thanks!

My comanche is running rough. I just bought it and there was oil all over the motor. I degreased it to find the leak and came up empty. It didnt leak over the next few days so I figured it was just 125,000 miles worth of build up. The oil was low however, and I ended up overfilling it. Oil spilled out of the filler and went everywhere, so I cleaned it again. I then did a full oil changed and replaced the plugs. Before the change it was running very rough, spitting lots of smoke and shuttering pretty bad with a loss of power. I figured it would go away with the change and plugs but it still runs rough when I first start it up and am getting some smoke. After about 10 miles or so it seems to settle down but isnt running as strong as I would like it to and still shutters a bit in neutral. I only changed the oil last night so does this sound like left over oil burning off or could I have blown a seal or something. The only other thing that came to mind was fouling the tps or something when I was washing under the hood. ????? On a side note, The little ccv filter on the back of my valve cover is confusing me. There is a small piece of tubing comming out of it but it doesnt connect anywhere, where does it go? And do I have a pcv valve or not because I have this ccv system. I am also trying to get it to pass smog, any common problems? Thanks!

What year and what size motor?

Your sig says 97 Comanche? :hmm: :nuts: