comanche DD?

sonic reducer

so the "jeep thing" is the main selling point in that market? :popcorn:

Just so I have this straight.. You own and drive this MJ. But don't like it and don't understand our fondness for them.. That about sum it up?

I suggest you DEFINEATELY, go buy the yota and never look back. The jeep thing has never been something that needs explaining. If you don't get it just by driving/owning one, you likely never will.

Not to be defensive, although it's tough, the 4.0 is one of the top engines ever produced. Right there with the cheby 350 and Plymouth slant 6. If you change the oil, its will last and last and last. 200,000 PLUS miles is NORMAL!

CW

I DD MJ's.

that said, I'm currently looking at an 94 VW caddy pickup. I did like the cabriolet, but I don't like being the one to carpool with, and I still like to haul things. plus, at 50mpg with a diesel, and $3k for a restored one, I don't think it's half bad.

they stopped making caddy's around '82 i believe. a TDi swapped caddy would be so bad @$$; fast, great handling(like a long rabbit), great fuel mileage. they are sweet trucks but if you are over 5'8" or so you feel like a sardine. i've had several rabbits & a mk 1 rocco and always wanted a caddy but they are rare around here.

that 3800 powered MJ sounds pretty bad @$$, i've heard of those motors doing over 30mpg with some tweaks.

they kept the caddy's going right up to 86 or 87...I meant to type 84. sorry. but, factory diesel in one of those does just fine.

the 3800 was really sweet until I spun some bearings in the motor doing a 3rd to 2nd downshift while accelerating past 40 (i thought I was in 5th...)...removing the motor this weekend so I can rebuild it over the next week and a half. I average 19 to 28 mpg and got 29 out of it once...mind you, they rate at 29 to 31mpg highway in a crapmaro, so I don't think the truck is doing too bad with an extra 1k lbs of weight :P

i have a DD89 and took it to its paces sonic if you want to sell it by all means do so and don't look back (thanks CW) for the folks here they have sweated & and bled working on these machines and have not given up :brows: knowing that they are the a very rare breed like the owners that have them and I would own another :brows: at the current moment i have three xj's and one MJ (89 xj bought 92, 96 xj bought 06, 88 free :cheers: 08 and for the 89 MJ I am the original owner and have not looked back :yes: ) so if your looking for help this is the site to find it and if your looking to sell i would suggest that you place your add in the classified section and call it a day. :cheers: