O2 sensor question

Anyone know how to turn off the o2 sensor dash light on a 91 mj (i have recently replaced the o2 sensor)? My haynes manual claims i need to go to a dealership because the timer "black box" needs a special key in order to resset it. Can this system be resset if i disconnect the battery for 24hours?

A completly unrelated question that i'm looking for opionons on would be; I am hearing some excessive clicking comin from the "valve train", it sounds like only one valve lifter assembly is making the extra noise. The "extra" clicking doesn't start when the engine initialy fires up, only when it has been idling for about 45sec-1.5mins.

So here is what i am thinking (the engine has 210km and know gunk build up, checked under the valve cover a while back), so a lifter sticking seems unlikely but is still possible (man thats a major repair, well mabey i can get creative with a magnet or something lol). My other thought is mabey the oil pump isnt suppying enough pressure (know the oil level is not low or high its on the sweet spot). Latsly mabey something above the lifter is causing the "extra" clicking.

Any ideas on any of the above would be appreciated,

cheers,