work trip...out to lunch.

JeepcoMJ

back. working on the new motor for the 87 this weekend, and cleaning the shop up. then out to illinois for work all next week, back for the weekend to remove the motor from the 3800 because I need to order the connecting rods that it will need, and get it out to machine shop for a .050 bore, and to shave the heads and deck down...need to get compression down but surface area up to run the supercharger :brows:

then yank the motor, trans, and wiring from the 87 too.

If you'd keep everything else the same, shaving the head and the deck would INCREASE compression.

You could run a supercharger without lowering compression, by injecting water into the air/fuel mixture to slow combustion. Just make sure you never run out of water as you'd have instant detonation, possibly bad enough to blow through a piston. A number of people with Supras do this.

If you'd keep everything else the same, shaving the head and the deck would INCREASE compression.

You could run a supercharger without lowering compression, by injecting water into the air/fuel mixture to slow combustion. Just make sure you never run out of water as you'd have instant detonation, possibly bad enough to blow through a piston. A number of people with Supras do this.

yep. I'm just figuring based on someone else's motor build at this point...design stages. I'm running a factory 2001 grand prix harness so I will not need to do any math or altering with it. design stages still :dunno: