Puter sheet the bed.....

CWLONGSHOT

soapbox.gifsoapbox.gifsoapbox.gifsoapbox.gif

Yea.. its dead.... Happened last Thursday. Turned it off and started it up in the AM. Same as always..then I knoticed it asking for a pass word to login from ADMIN page..only thing is, I don't have a pass word and don't normally use that admin page... Then after gathering my sences and looking a bit. I see there is three names of account holders on the screen. Only thing is there should only be mine and the wifes.... Looks like I have MAJOR issues!!!

I pulled the DSL plug and called in help. don't know how long it will be down or what if anything can be done. SO, for the time being, I am out of commission. :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop:

This is my pops puter I'm on, and its not close enough for me to get reg use. So its too bad for me. I'll be back when mine is fixed or I have a brandy new one..

Just FYI, See ya...

CW

Don't know when you will see this, but I know how you feel...I've been through it too. Fortunately I purchased an external hard drive a long time ago and I do regular back-ups on it so the set up of the new computer was not a real difficult thing to do and I didn't loose anything of major importance.

Hope all ends well...and soon for you CW.

I'm back!!

Thanks guys, Yea I know how to get "around" the log on issue. But my bigger consern was the fact that it happened and that my accounts where not avalible.

Turns out the repair guy didnt find anything he thought could have done what happened... I had Norton and it was running, but there was a virus found and destroyed. The machine has been slow for some time. I was told to or three programs I was running where memory hogs and where removed. Also my Earthlink email software was a issue. SO, we ditched that as well. No biggie as I can access thru the web and keep my addresses. I also found a better and FREE securities program, called AVAST. The repair guy loves at and swears by its effectiveness. The best part of my repair was that I was told the maching should be good for at least three more years!!

Now to catch up on all the banter..

CW