tailgate handle removal

I want to change my tailgate handle and I was wondering what to watch for once I remove the three bolts holding the handle, how are the latches connected to the handle? Also I read some old posts that said 83-92 s10 handles are the same, but then someone said they had a problem with the bolt location being different, anybody know if that's so?

I want to change my tailgate handle and I was wondering what to watch for once I remove the three bolts holding the handle, how are the latches connected to the handle? Also I read some old posts that said 83-92 s10 handles are the same, but then someone said they had a problem with the bolt location being different, anybody know if that's so?

It's pretty strait forward. I replaced mine awhile back and it was really simple switch with nothing special to worry about. I believe you need a torx bit though. Don't know the size. I guess be careful to not drop the lever thingies inside of the tailgate when you remove the handle.

I don't know anything about s-10 handles working, but I'm sure someone could grab one from a junk yard for ya.

EDIT: The bolts are Torx 30 size