What kind of parts am I looking at here?

A local guy is clearing out his stock of jeep parts (and is in a bit of a hurry), and among the inventory is a 4.0/5speed combonation from an 86 cj. I'd like to do an ax-15 swap to replace the ba10 on my mj..... is there any chance this truck could've had an ax-15 in it? I think it was too early but I figured I'd ask anyways.

Aside from that, he's got a ton of stuff he's letting go of really cheap if anyone has some interest.

Thanks,

Matt

A local guy is clearing out his stock of jeep parts (and is in a bit of a hurry), and among the inventory is a 4.0/5speed combonation from an 86 cj. I'd like to do an ax-15 swap to replace the ba10 on my mj..... is there any chance this truck could've had an ax-15 in it? I think it was too early but I figured I'd ask anyways.

Aside from that, he's got a ton of stuff he's letting go of really cheap if anyone has some interest.

Thanks,

Matt

Are you sure that this is a 4.0L I-6? A 1986 Jeep CJ wouldn't have a 4.0L I-6 in it. It would have a 4.2L 258 CI I-6 in it. It is not the same engine. The 4.2L 258 CI is carbureted and the 4.0L is Multi-Port fuel injected. Hope this info helps.

Yea, that helps.... I'm glad I asked.

I didn't think it would be the same thing but I could get it cheap so I figured why not at least ask.

I'm assuming that t-5 would be hard to swap in? I'd love to run a t-5 since I'm used to fixing the ones I break in my mustang jamminz.gif

thanks