CLUSTER??

I'm headed to the JY tomorrow and i was thinking about getting a "new" cluster with a tach in it, the one i have now has all gauges and a low fuel light being the only idiot light. would this be an easy swap? and is there a particular cluster i should search for?

Erik :beerhead:

Which of the two trucks in your signature is this for? If you already have gauges, you won't have to change any sensors. But the speedo connection is different on the 84 thru 87 XJs and MJs than on the 88 thru 90. And starting in 91 the speedo is electric, so you can't use anything newer than 90. Best to find one with the same type speedo connection as your truck has now.

Of course, you could swap your speedo into the "new" cluster to keep the mileage accurate. I don't remember if the two types of speedo will interchange into the "other" style of cluster.

Which of the two trucks in your signature is this for? If you already have gauges, you won't have to change any sensors. But the speedo connection is different on the 84 thru 87 XJs and MJs than on the 88 thru 90. And starting in 91 the speedo is electric, so you can't use anything newer than 90. Best to find one with the same type speedo connection as your truck has now.

Of course, you could swap your speedo into the "new" cluster to keep the mileage accurate. I don't remember if the two types of speedo will interchange into the "other" style of cluster.

Sounds like you have the so-called "mid-line" cluster, with the giant fuel gauge and no tach. The speedo from this cluster will swap into a new "high-line" 6-gauge cluster, but the speedo gauge faceplate is different and it will look odd. Best to just swap the odometers.