rubicon express install

this lift kit i am installing is a 5.5" RE kit for a 1987 mj, i have followed the directions word for word and besides a few bumps has gone pretty smooth, however i went to install the track bar and found that it hits the lower bracket ,it will not connect to the top mount.this kit also tells u to install the 2" spacers provided{why would a company like RE use a spacer on a 5.5" lift kit for the coils) i thought they looked plenty long enough,has anybody experienced this problem?do i need to take the coil spacers out??

I imagine without the 1.75" spacers, your front lift would only be 3.75". Maybe they thought a full 5.5" lift coil spring would pop sideways under full compression. And since most people would run larger tires with the lift, you can't stuff them into the fenders as far anyway before the rubber would hit the metal or flare.

Don't know about the track bar.

I didn't think RE did things like this...

They offer 3.5 4.5 and 5.5 springs, Why on earth would they give you a shorter spring and then a spacer to make up for it???? When they make the proper length lifted spring???

All I can figure is that they fowled up with the pieces parts and sent your spacers instead of something else or by complete mistake.

Like I said, I would remove the spacers and I'll bet the TB will all of a sudden fit as it should!!

CW

RE6500 (Jeep Comanche MJ 5.5" Lift) consist of RE1345 Coils (XJ/MJ 5.5" coils) but they do also include a 1.75" coil spacer for some stupid reason.

Only answer I can get from RE when we question them about it is that they say 4WD Comanche's will sit higher in the rear and the coil spacer is used to keep it "level" upfront.

Rear lift will vary greatly on what axle you have, and if your using 2WD or 4WD leafs in the rear and the condition of them after all these years. We've seen most of the time 5-7" by going SOA in the rear on the MJ's (based on the above). I think RE probably realized at some point that their 5.5" coils were not tall enough in some applications and threw the spacers in to make up for it.

As for the trackbar what one are you using (I'm assuming the RE1660/RE1665 setup) that came with the kit? We've installed that trackbar on several XJ's and MJ's (we actually include it in our Motion Offraod Synergy 6.5" MJ Kit as we feel it's one of the better one's on the marekt) without any issues to date. Where exactly is it hitting at?

Its my understanding that the TB hits the top of the axle end bracket. As if it cannot be lifted up enough to reach its frame side mount. I asked if he had the supplied mount in place. He said he did.

He explained, he had the frame on jack stands and a jack under the axle. He lifted the axle up until the jack stands where not touching the frame and there was still no way to get the TB up high enough to attach it to the mount, at the frame end.

He asked me if something needed to be done with the axle mount to make it work. I said no, nothing should be necessary.

I suggested he post up here.

CW

RE6500 (Jeep Comanche MJ 5.5" Lift) consist of RE1345 Coils (XJ/MJ 5.5" coils) but they do also include a 1.75" coil spacer for some stupid reason.

Only answer I can get from RE when we question them about it is that they say 4WD Comanche's will sit higher in the rear and the coil spacer is used to keep it "level" upfront.

Rear lift will vary greatly on what axle you have, and if your using 2WD or 4WD leafs in the rear and the condition of them after all these years. We've seen most of the time 5-7" by going SOA in the rear on the MJ's (based on the above). I think RE probably realized at some point that their 5.5" coils were not tall enough in some applications and threw the spacers in to make up for it.

As for the trackbar what one are you using (I'm assuming the RE1660/RE1665 setup) that came with the kit? We've installed that trackbar on several XJ's and MJ's (we actually include it in our Motion Offraod Synergy 6.5" MJ Kit as we feel it's one of the better one's on the marekt) without any issues to date. Where exactly is it hitting at?

i have no way to check if the TB is correct although my springs have rm60040 on them and cross ref to the correct re1345 springs is there a measurement that i can reference on the TB?

Is it a matter of vertical height your lacking or is it not aligned correctly?

You have the rubber end on the axle side and the flex joint on the mount side correct?

Reason I ask if it's just short, or if it's not aligned is if your pinon axle is way off; the axle will be rotated. Thus rotating the TB mount on the axle and getting the alignment out of wack to the mount.

If it's vertical height your lacking, you have the axle centered for the most part when your trying to connect it to the new HD mount correct?

I guess without a picture showing the tracbar it's going to be hard to give you an answer as to what's causing it.

Is it a matter of vertical height your lacking or is it not aligned correctly?

You have the rubber end on the axle side and the flex joint on the mount side correct?

Reason I ask if it's just short, or if it's not aligned is if your pinon axle is way off; the axle will be rotated. Thus rotating the TB mount on the axle and getting the alignment out of wack to the mount.

If it's vertical height your lacking, you have the axle centered for the most part when your trying to connect it to the new HD mount correct?

I guess without a picture showing the tracbar it's going to be hard to give you an answer as to what's causing it.

the rubber end is at the axle side,i did remove the spacers and the TB now reaches,the axle bracket is still very close but connects ,i do have the steering out completely, as i am putting in a 1 ton setup ,could this have any effect on my situation, should i install steering before the TB?