The jeep dont like to start

thanks guys

these sites look very helpful. i didnt recognize the oil filter adapter though... you know I'm gonna be out there with a flash light looking in a minute lol. My parts still had not arived at 4:30 tonight so i guess i am going to have to put it off a few more days. i already have all the gaskets you mentioned above. i got those a few weeks ago. now if the guys at the trans shop would get their thumb outta their.... well you get the point...

ill be trying it again next weekend i guess. Thanks for pointing out other things i need to look at while i am already there fixing stuff. if anyone else has any other tip or ideas it helps out alot seeing how i have never worked on a jeep before...

Your kind of doing an "over-all" maintenance on your truck, So......Planning is the key factor, read the articles that we all posted, Get your materials (parts) in order, plan your attack, and everything will go smooth. Nothing worst than having to take something back apart cause you forgot to install a part :oops:

Like your dropping the transmission, get the in-put and out-put seals, and change them, get the filter and gasket and change the fluid too. You have the drive shaft out, change the U-joints. With the drive shaft off, change the pinion seal on the D35, very prone to leak........Just a planning stage I cover to do one thing.

Also, if your changing the CPS, the best way to do this is when the tranny is lowered, off the cross member, gives you access to the the 2 pita bolts.

Case would be different if you broke down and Had to get it going......

So, if your waiting for parts to come in......that's move planning time ;)

I popped up the oil filter adapter cause that's prone to leak, like it's been said, all the parts, rubber, cork, electrical and steel parts on these trucks are 20 years old......and well.......nothing last for ever.............except the MJ :D

seeing how i have never worked on a jeep before...

One thing you'll learn on these Jeeps, have a good full set of both Metric and SAE, Oh......and a bunch of Torx's. These trucks are so mixed up on the fasteners......you'll go nuts trying to find the right wrench :nuts:

Minus the torque converter and the front seal the trans is pretty much already taken care of. The rear output seal and the U-joints are all new. I just went through those last month. I was changing the trans fluid and happened to grab the drive shaft while i was under there and noticed one was pretty worn and had alot of slack. All that got changed but i still need to change the rear end gear oil and gasket so i think I'm going to put that and the seals on the list for the weekend. All my gaskets are here for the motor except for the oil filter adapter ill have to wait and go to the dealership Monday i guess.

Now watch, ill get all this done next weekend and a 4x4 running gear will turn up somewhere and ill be doing 4x4 swap and have to do it all over again with the trans lol. I'd wait it out but the leaks are getting bad and the torque converter is getting really weak...