Gears - wonderin what I got. 3.07's?? I dunno

As some may have figgerd out already, I'm one happy lil sumbeetch cuz I gots me another Comanche aka: best dang trucks on the road.

Anyhoo, its a 1989 shorty with the 4.0L and five speed trans, NP231 t-case, D35 rear end and vacuum disconnect front D30. The tags on the diff covers are unreadable but I'm thinking this girls got 3.07's in her. Does that sound right to anyone else?

If thats the case I will eventually get some 3.55's out of an XJ to replace these. 3.73's are harder to come by and anything lower than that - fergit it! Not around here. I know MJ rear axles are different but I am sure I can make them work with a little welding and fabbing of perches and shock mounts.

I'll no doubt disable the proportioning valve. I didnt need it before on my 86.

As some may have figgerd out already, I'm one happy lil sumbeetch cuz I gots me another Comanche aka: best dang trucks on the road.

Anyhoo, its a 1989 shorty with the 4.0L and five speed trans, NP231 t-case, D35 rear end and vacuum disconnect front D30. The tags on the diff covers are unreadable but I'm thinking this girls got 3.07's in her. Does that sound right to anyone else?

If thats the case I will eventually get some 3.55's out of an XJ to replace these. 3.73's are harder to come by and anything lower than that - fergit it! Not around here. I know MJ rear axles are different but I am sure I can make them work with a little welding and fabbing of perches and shock mounts.

I'll no doubt disable the proportioning valve. I didnt need it before on my 86.

Almost certainly 3.07 if they haven't been mucked with...