Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'center bolt'.
Found 1 result
This is a thread dedicated to my at-home overhaul of some 2wd MJ leaf springs I'll be using for an SOA conversion. I'm into restoration type work opposed to full-on replacement if possible. First I scored some junkyard springs with a nice protective layer of gear lube/dirt on them :yes: The at-rest arch measurements were within 1/8" of each other, so even if they're not perfectly up to spec. they should at least be equal. First step was to cut away what was left of the shackles and the bolt/spacers at the top of those clamp thingeys (wish I would have thought to keep the stock shackles around... oh well.) The clamps look to be riveted to the main leaf so unless I discover a problem further down the line I'll just be leaving them attached. Correction: 3rd leaf, not main leaf (thanks Eagle) It looks like I've found the replacement plastic wear pads: http://replacement-pak.com/ They sell on ebay. I'll be coating the contact surfaces with this stuff: And likely spray-bombing the final assembly with some semi-gloss black.