One More Cupholder

I wanted something that provided for 2 cups and wouldn't take away any of the storage area of the console.   I also didn't want to drill into or cut out of anything in a way that I might regret later.   I made one for my XJ where access to the hand brake was important and it turned out well.   It seems even better on my MJ.   The passenger seat in both Jeeps slides forward and back with no interference.   

First things first ... I got a mug I like and found something to put it in to.   This Thermos brand mug keeps coffee hot for a long time so that's what I went with.   I also have a Nike water bottle that fits nicely.   The holders are actually plastic ash trays (automotive section at Canadian Tire) that I tore the lids off of.   I bent a piece of 14g metal at a right angle and cut it to fit into the storage area of the console.   The cups are held in place by screws that go through the metal into a 1/4" thick piece of oak.   The holder is attached to the console by industrial strength Velcro (no holes drilled).  It is firm and wobble free.   It can be removed but it's a bit of a struggle, the Velcro really grips!  

picture.php?albumid=4517&pictureid=80320

picture.php?albumid=4517&pictureid=80040

Here's the one in my XJ before I painted it (little easier to see the shape).   I later painted it satin black. 

picture.php?albumid=4517&pictureid=80041