gauges out of adjustment

I was cleaning dust out of the inside of my cluster when I brushed the temperature and oil pressure gauges. Now they don't read correctly. Do they just need to be rehomed to work properly?

Didn't see this in the forum when I searched

Thanks in advance

The needles are just a friction fit on the shaft. Very carefully move the needle to zero, if it's reading high, or to the high end of the scale if it's reading low. Just brushing out the dust, with a brush, shouldn't have moved the needle. Are you sure there's nothing else wrong?

Are they reading wrong or they just don't return to zero? Stock guages are a random return type, where they go wherever they want when the power is off and only read zero when you turn the key prior to starting. They are also randomly incorrect (or randomly correct depending on how you look at it).

And I agree, there is nothing about them that would be misaligned by simply brushing the dust off, unless you did it with a hammer.

Sorry...been distracted with work and what not. well...they weren't reading correctly after I moved them so I let the vehicle warm up and adjusted the needle which was reading 0 to 200 and I moved the pull pressure guage to normal position. That seemed to help. I also picked up a IR heat gun and checked my engine temp just to make me feel more comfortable...best thirty bucks I've spent...and it's got a laser pointer