1994 Jpx Jeep Montez

88whitemanche

Interesting, but hardly a Jeep.

Translation (very rough) of the description:

"It based on the French vehicle Overland A-3, was designed for Eike cambric (better known in Brazil as the husband of the model Luma de Oliveira) to replace to the old jeep Ford CJ5. Due to the good fulfillments of the French Overland, its designer decided not innovate too much but to trust in the reliability from the A-3 and to utilize the same platform. Its greater characteristic is that of utilizing common components with many other vehicles of the Brazilian market, facilitating the logistics. They were manufactured 500 in their military version since 1994 to the closing of the factory, in 2001."

Outside of the U.S., as I learned when I first visited Chile in 2003 by invitation from a Chilean member of NAXJA, anything and everything that is remotely a 4x4 SUV is thought of and referred to as a "Jeep." While I was there I went on an expedition to the sand dunes with my friend's 4x4 club. We were out in the middle of a sea of sand, waiting for other members of his club to show up. We heard an engine in the distance and Mike (Miguel) said, "Ah, here comes Ivan in my old Jeep." And a minute later what popped over the top of a dune but a Daihatsu Rocky!

To them, it was a "Jeep."

Yeah I know what you mean eagle...

I had a coworker that was from Colombia and besides his having a willys jeep...he also had a Toyota land cruiser and he always stated it as a "jeep"....everytime he spoke about it I knew it was the land cruiser....