How to get better fuel milage?

• 1 month later...

it is NOT recommended or condoned to turn off the engine. you lose power steering and brakes and you'll want both of those in an emergency. :thumbsup:

Well, in all seriousness, and on a slightly related note, some people actually shut their engine off while they're at a red light, to save gas. Once, some lady in front of me did this... when the light turned green, her car wouldn't start up again. It was a lot of fun for the dozen cars behind her. At least she was being enviornmentally conscious  :clapping:.

By the way, I have a 2.5L AX5 with 33's and I'm getting about 17 MPG in the city. I would imagine I'd do better if I actually gave her a tune up :idea: .

I also have Bosch platinum +4s in my truck truck. "Kept fouling out the coppers because of how bad I was burning oil)

it is NOT recommended or condoned to turn off the engine. you lose power steering and brakes and you'll want both of those in an emergency. :thumbsup:

Well, in all seriousness, and on a slightly related note, some people actually shut their engine off while they're at a red light, to save gas. Once, some lady in front of me did this... when the light turned green, her car wouldn't start up again. It was a lot of fun for the dozen cars behind her. At least she was being enviornmentally conscious :idea: .