Theoretical Fix on Dash Cluster

Here is/are the problem(s), no working idiot lights, dash backlights work only when head/taillights are on and knob is turned to light up interior lights (which don't work), gas gauge reads 1/2-3/4 when actually empty (add 2 gallons it reads past full). :hmm: Tomorrow I'm going to run a wire from a known good ground to the cluster ground(s) and see if this fixes this last little glitch (it was a bad ground from the block to the firewall that caused no lights, no ignition fire, etc) eventually I'll change over to an aftermarket gauge set (but it would be nice for the gas hand to work) Anyone else have a similar problem and am I on the right track here ? :dunno:

Here is/are the problem(s), no working idiot lights, dash backlights work only when head/taillights are on and knob is turned to light up interior lights (which don't work), gas gauge reads 1/2-3/4 when actually empty (add 2 gallons it reads past full). :hmm: Tomorrow I'm going to run a wire from a known good ground to the cluster ground(s) and see if this fixes this last little glitch (it was a bad ground from the block to the firewall that caused no lights, no ignition fire, etc) eventually I'll change over to an aftermarket gauge set (but it would be nice for the gas hand to work) Anyone else have a similar problem and am I on the right track here ? :dunno:

Were these problems also a consequence of the hood shorting the battery incident?

No luck with the dash lights :roll: , looks like I'm gonna have to go with gauges sooner than I was wanting to (unless someone has an idea or suggestion, I can't start on this til next weekend). I'll take the ones (all electric) out of my boat, it's undergoing an overhaul anyway. I already have the sending units for water and oil. I did this once on a Malibu several years ago and the end result looked almost factory jamminz.gif As far as the gas gauge, I'll run a new sender wire up and see if that fixes that, if not I'll just carry my 2 gallon gas jug til I figure out how far (miles) I can go after a fillup (SWAG it, Sofisticated Wild Axxed Guess) :brows: .