An official introduction here

wooky48

Greetings everyone, I thought I'd introduce myself officially :waving: now that (hopefully) I have an image host for pics. I bought an '89 MJ for my birthday this month, needing an economical hauler is but one reason. My SporTruck has the 4 cylinder 4 speed. I have done a lot of work to it getting it ready to hit the road but still have a ways to go. I've already corrected "repairs" from a deer hit including an air filter box, straightening up the inner fender metal so that the fender and grill could be mounted correctly, also while I had em off I painted the fender, door, and header panel jamminz.gif . Tune up completed (plugs, wires, cap, rotor) but it still idled rough and further checking found a loose (only 4 bolts holding it) intake/exhaust, someone (PO :nuts: ) had no clue or didn't give a dayumm on how this truck was running. New intake and TBI gaskets are going on tomorrow and I'll get some new pics then. I got it from a good friend who is selling it for his nephew. Still, I think it's a good deal for $700 plus what I've put into it so far (doesn't smoke and no knocks and drove it 15 miles down here to my house at highway speeds)

001kj3.jpg

003gv6.jpg

Let me know how the gaskets work out. I have almost the same truck with the same problem and I suspect thats whats wrong with mine.

Sure thing onebigmj, and while I'm doing this today I'll be checking all the vaccuum hoses as well.

Gaskets are on, was a bit easier to do than I figured. Replaced a couple of vacuum hoses that had holes worn in them (hard plastic lines). It still has a rough idle though, thinking that the timing may be off a wee bit (book says not adjustable w/ TBI). Can someone help me out here with this issue? The rotor/distributor is 180 out from where it should be, I'll tinker some more this week after work.

I had the same problem with mine. mine is a 4.0 six cylinder but its still not adjustable. It took what seemed to be forever to get it back right but after the help of a few guys on here i got it right and it took care of the rough idle.....for a minute... :wall:

I had one of those 2.5's with a rough idle. Tried ever tune up trick I could think of to no avail. Finally sucked a 1/2 can of Seafoam through the brake vac, poured 1/4 down its throat and the left over in the tank. After doing the smoke trick it settled down to a smooth idle. Must of been gunk in the system somewhere. Just never know whats going to work.

Hey everybody, Its me, Georgiaboy...and believe it or not,thats what everybody calls me too...started as a CB handle when I was 5 and has been with me ever since, I live in Holopaw Florida and have owned more than 5 Jeep Comanches and cherokees and I love em! My real name is Patrick, I am 6'1" brown hair,blue eyes, and I love long walks in the park......lol, great site and glad to be here GO COMANCHECLUB.COM!

As promised, a couple of more pics. Fender, door, and header painted w/ white primer (Cherokee rub strip on the door fell off after rehanging on the truck :oops: ). "Re-repairs" noted in previous posts plus fuel line was riding on the driveshaft, :nuts: fixed, new fuel filter, exhaust pipe at manifold tightened, no more leak there :brows: Tail, park, and brake lights now work. Pay no attention to the flat tires, all four will be replaced on the first trip out of the driveway (the hood is a bit warped on the front driver side, get to that later, it latches though) jamminz.gifcomanche.gif

jeepright1vk6.jpg

jeepleft1mw3.jpg