Vacuum lines

i crawled under my truck today to check my rearend and i decided to mess with my vacuum lines to try to get my 4x4 working cause i never really messed with it yet. there are 4 lines going to the t-case, red,blue,yellow and green i think, the red one is the only one that is sucking air, (and its really sucking!) the other three don't, is that right? so then i pulled the three lines going to the CAD, green, green and yellow, and none of them where sucking air, so i went back to where they connected to the metal lines and checked there, and there was no sucking from the metal lines. also the round thing that the vacuum lines hook to on the CAD will spin almost all the way untill one of the nipples hits the axle, is it supposed to spin around? thanks in advance.

Yes, only one line will have vacuum going to the switch on the t-cae. When you put the t-case in 4wd, that switch should then apply vacuum to the other lines to engage the front axle. If that is not happening, then you probably need to replace the switch on the t-case as they like to get jammed up and stop working as mine did.

Yes...it is normal for the vacuum motor to move around in the housing like that ;) .

where is the switch on the t-case? and what about the three lines going to the CAD? will they suck air once i try to engage the 4x4

The switch on the t-case is next to the speedo cable hook-up. Be careful if you touch or pull on those lines near the switch as they can be very hard and brittle. My son's had a couple of breaks which we fixed by splicing with silicone type aquarium tubing.

I've seen the switch on the self-help rack at several auto parts stores and they are fairly cheap. Look close at them if you get one because they can have three or four ports.