Vacume nightmare can this be removed

I just got started working on my 89 MJ I would like to know if I can safely remove all of the vacume lines attached to the air box. I realize that I can't remove the lines going to the valve cover, but what about all of the other lines like the one going to what looks like a warm air valve on the front of the air box, and the lines going to something at the intake mani. This will be quite a work in progress but I am so excited that I finally goto my MJ :D

Personally i unhooked every one of those vacuum lines on top of the engine, the only one left is the skinny one that runs from the back of my valve cover to the air box. i know this may not be right but ive put about 15K on it since ive bought it with no problems at all. plus all the blow by just blows out the top of my engine and stays out of my air filter.

You are talking about the EGR and pre-heated air intake. The valve on the front of the box draws air from the dryer vent looking hose attached to the area under the manifold. The one on the side of the manifold is the EGR. That recirculates exhaust gas based on the premise that it contains unburnt fuel until the motor heats up.