2.5 Slow to idle down

TeKdo

Finally decided to get my ISA working properly again. Nabbed a fresh one off of a '90 El Dorado at the JY.

Got it installed and adjusted properly, but it's a little slow to come down to idle at a stop. It will "catch" the revs right around 1500rpm and then slowly idle the engine down to just below 1000rpm over the course of 5 to 10 seconds.

Is this how the system is supposed to properly work? Never had a proper working ISA on this Jeep so I don't have a reference.

7 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Sounds pretty normal to me. Every morn when I leave I start my truck, jumps to about 2-2500, come down to 1500 and slowly come down to 1000 and when it goes into closed loop, you should see it idle between 850-950. 750 without AC. 

Sweet, good to know that I actually set it up right

1 hour ago, eaglescout526 said:

Yup! If you followed my ISA adjustment procedure write up in the DIY or have a TBI manual from AMC, it should operate just like that.

Your post is exactly what I followed! Worked like a charm.

Also, just to clarify, when I mean slow idle down, it does that while driving and coming to a stop as well. That's what I meant when I said the idle is catching.

Still sounds normal but I never really paid attention to my tach while coming to a stop. I feel I have seen what youre talking about but happen much quicker. I guess you could suspect the ISA internals are locking up from the dried up grease or the throttle cable is catching. But the ISA shouldnt be at play when coming to a stop.

18 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Still sounds normal but I never really paid attention to my tach while coming to a stop. I feel I have seen what youre talking about but happen much quicker. I guess you could suspect the ISA internals are locking up from the dried up grease or the throttle cable is catching. But the ISA shouldnt be at play when coming to a stop.

It probably does happen quicker than what I'm saying, it's probably just me being paranoid of changing this thing.

I'll look into cleaning and regreasing the ISA later on. For now I'm just happy that I don't have to feather the gas on cold starts now.