M.R.278 COLLISION MANUAL

The M.R. 278 manual shows where to cut. Where to drill out spot welds. How and when to use a particular tool. Page in my manual shows how the remove the B pillar inner panel so I can get the dents out of the outer. I'll be able to weld the panel back in after the outer is straight. People selling parts on eBay are cutting the sheet metal in the wrong place. Found a pillar on ebay and almost bought it. Took a good look and they had chopped it off with a saws all. It's junk. The cab corners that are being sold are the same thing. Cut with a saws all. Just saying. The outer panel can only be cut up at the vent. Inner, cut it anywhere. The sill is a high strength steel. Welding must done with the right process. Under no circumstances can you ARC weld the body. MIG is recommended. 

IMG_20240623_090218_HDR.jpg

Good info. But I also feel like not man folks have this manual. It was kind of a body shop reference manual than a dealer repair manual. Most folks won’t know where to cut or drill when they’re at the junkyard. 

Just now, eaglescout526 said:

Good info. But I also feel like not man folks have this manual. It was kind of a body shop reference manual than a dealer repair manual. Most folks won’t know where to cut or drill when they’re at the junkyard. 

I ran across it looking for the factory shop manuals. Got it Friday and went through it. Glad I did. I would have cut it in the wrong place to. Hope the information will make things easier. Knowledge is power.