Holidays and Jeep projects don't mix.

mfpdm

Have kind of been away for awhile dealing with two Jeep projects and of course the holidays. :wrench:

I took the MJ in to get painted and finally got it back all but the hood. I'll be updating pic's in the project thread later. :D

While it was at paint, I rolled the TJ in the garage to put the toys I bought some time ago in. D44's from a 04 rubi with a 241OR tcase. That's when the fun began. Needless to say the tcase was in and out of the TJ about five times. :wall: TJ is an automatic so with the shorter input shaft on the 241, I had to install a teraflex seal extender. It wasn't hard to put in but unfortunily next to impossible to get back out. Took at least every cuss word :grrrr: and a highly modified gear puller. I'll be doing a write-up for the DIY section with some good pics and do's and don'ts. I got a TW rear driveshaft but still need to get a front driveshaft made or if I can find a rubi front shaft that would be probably cheaper. Still need to hook up the wiring, air hoses, and switches to the factory lockers. As well as fine tune some adjustments here and their. All in all it took me about a week and a half because of turkey day and waiting for parts. Love the new gearing around town but the upper end is limited now. Went from 3.07 to 4.10. If my tranny had overdrive it would be perfect. Still need to work on both jeeps but now with Christmas in the wings and various holiday functions, not sure how much will get done.

I almost forgot, to top all this off, I sprung my wrist the first day wrenching on the TJ. :headpop: