Steering systems

What about V8 grand cherokee steering?! Easy to find parts, direct bolt on, and its much stronger than the stocker set up!

PICT9201r.jpg

PICT9205r.jpg

PICT9208r.jpg

Although IIRC it was a pretty penny. Almost as much as some of these after market set ups. :popcorn:

Now that I think about it, I may just swap all this crap to the ZJ, and get a completely new set up for the MJ....Hmmm... :brows:

One other thing came to mind... is there any wobbles in your tapers? I mean I think you did yours on the vehicle and it possible to get them a bit out of round. If so, no spacer is going to help. Get some new outers and ream on a drill press or Bridgeport. Where you have control and can be sure everything is square. They will be perfect and your problems will be gone!!

Good luck,

CW

CW,

nick and i do mostly everything on the rig, but for the reaming i dropped my rig off at 4x4 customs for the knuckles to be reamed. i doubt he took the knuckles off because he only charged me like $65, but i my gears and other stuff done there so he usually gives me good prices. the TREs are real tight and snug in the knuckles, even without the spacers they sit perfectly into the ream.

adding the steel washer helped tighten it up a little bit, but I'm still not getting the feel i want. the stock system had great feel on 33s, but this knuckle to knuckle junk has been sucking.

-Tim

If everything is now tight and you still have some play, Check your box and its mounts.

I made up some box braces and this along with my winch mount really strengthened up my hole steering box area.

You will still get a touch of roll even with these spacers. But you shouldn't be able to feel it or notice it when driving.

My guess is there is something else going on at the same time.

CW

If everything is now tight and you still have some play, Check your box and its mounts.

I made up some box braces and this along with my winch mount really strengthened up my hole steering box area.

You will still get a touch of roll even with these spacers. But you shouldn't be able to feel it or notice it when driving.

My guess is there is something else going on at the same time.

CW

New box, and i have 1/4" plate all the way down the frame rail where the box mounts, there is no slop in that part of the steering, there is just a little bit of play coming from the spacer (remember i still have the 1/2" poly in there, there is quite a bit of squish) it rides great, the steering is just a little slow to respond

-Tim