Replacing front end bushings

This is kinda related to my other post about tires. I'll be blunt... My truck rides like @$$. At about 45mph it sounds like a gasoline truck going through hell. There is so much vibration from the front end my keys constantly rattle, driving me nuts.

I know a lot of the problem has to do with the studded mud tires that came on the truck. Those are being replaced with some allterrains.

I figured I'd take care of the front end now so I can stand to drive it, then do a lift next summer.

My question is...Where is a good place to get the bushings for this truck? Is there a place that sells a complete set, or do I have to go piece by piece? A couple sites I went on asked for the diameter of the sway bar. Does anyone know what that would be for a 86 model?

I planned on getting a new steering stabilizer too. Any particular brand better that another?

Thanks for the advice,

Chad

I don't recall if Quadratec has control arm bushings. NAPA does -- but for the cost of replacement bushings, it's almost as cheap and a lot easier to buy Crown replacement control arms. You need a shop press to replace the bushings, and if you don't have a spacer to fit between the sides of the control arms you'll crush the arms.

Jeep used four different front sway bar diameters, so you have to measure yours to know what size it is. And if you are concerned about noise and harshness, do NOT go with urethane bushings. They are harder than stock so they transmit more vibration -- and they squeak.