AX-15 Failure?

I'm getting a metallic grinding noise in colder outside temperatures (40 and below), I believe is coming from my AX-15. Shifting is unaffected, no vibrations, bolts are tight, checked all driveshafts to see if they may be rubbing on something. The kicker is, when I first bought the truck, it made this noise around the same temp, with the stock 4.0 and tranny, 2wd. Now, since I've swapped the engine, tranny, added a transfer case, new front and rear axles and driveshafts, the noise is still here.

It's unaffected by the clutch or RPM of the engine. Engine could be off, but with forward momentum, the noise will continue, even in neutral, so that eliminates the front portion of the AX-15 that spins with the engine. 45 and above temps eliminate the noise entirely, but if the temp stays 40 and below, regardless of how warm the drivetrain gets, the sound continues. 

It's pretty frustrating not having a real idea as to what is wrong. Has anyone had this experience before? I'll try to record the sound and upload it next chance I get. Tracking down a noise over the internet is damn near impossible, too, but maybe explaining the circumstances a little might help out. Thanks. 

Sounds like a front wheel bearing. I had one that was bad and it sounded like two pieces of sheet metal grinding together. I replaced only the front hubs and sound went away. There's also a chance it could be your front pinion bearing but mine made more of a whaling noise and would only make it above about 30mph. The wheel bearing grind was at about any speed

Trying to do 10 things at once, I kind of rushed the recording. Sorry. I got up to third, but gear doesn't matter. It sounds like it's coming from the transmission tunnel, but sounds are deceiving. The sound is almost constant through the entire video, that metallic scraping sound. The microphone was in the cupholder in my center console.

The sound is in the "video" above, not a gurble, but a scraping sound. Turning doesn't affect the sound, either. I recorded it this morning when it was chilly, but this afternoon it didn't make any noise at all because it was about 65 degrees. THAT's what confuses me.