attention all MJ/XJ plow owners

Thanks for the pic!!  

So the plate extends back and grabs the frame through-hole that that tow hook brackets use.   That pretty much takes the place of what I referred to as a kicker on my TJ, and just takes to rotational load of the very front of the frame, were the three bumper bolt holes go.  Intersting that only two bolts hold the lower cross frame to the side plates, and they're fairly close together...   My TJ mount uses three, and they're much more spread out.   But for sure overkill...  As is all of the Meyer mount system.   Then again, if it never breaks, it was at least built heavy enough, right? :)

ya these are the original side plates from 1989 haha. definitely well built. I'm not sure what the hole just infront of the cross frame is for, nothing was there when i bought the jeep. or what that ~1" hole just behind the big one is for.... and how overkill that large hole is for its puropse

The 1" hole is probably to clear the steering box bolt on RHD models.   Check your LH plate to see if anything is there.  They just use two of the same plate, so it doesn't matter if your truck is RHD or LHD.   (Many RHD cherokees out there!)