Howdy all i need some help with my comanche. hydro locked it about a month ago, now it has a really high idle, about 3 grand. idled fine before this run in with some deep water. replaced the tps, didnt help any. i can put my hand over the air intake and kill it and i can't hear any air being sucked in the intake gasket. so i don't think its the intake gasket, and the bolts are tight. it didnt idle high at all before i sucked water into the engine. the water did not get into the cab of the truck. i have no clue what this could be and I'm about to just have to take it to the dealership and let them rob me. so if anyone has any suggestions of what this could be please let me know.

thanks

brandon

89 comanche 4.0

water in the IAC will kill it it!(idle air control) last time I had it I measured the MAP(manifold absolute Pressure)sensor on the firewall and things came right back to normal!!! :eek:

Well i replaced the IAC and it fixed it. back down to about 800 rpm when i start it. But i have noticed that after i drive it around it starts to idle higher. after i drove it about ten miles i put it in park and it was idleing at 1500 rpms. but after i killed it and started it up it was idleing right again.

thanks

brandon