Ba10 with leaking front seal

So I had my transmission out twice while wrestling with an engine swap and failed to address a leaking front seal in the transmission that would have taken all of 20 minutes to replace. I would really like to take a break from pulling transmissions:

-Would thicker oil (by use of some STP or Lucas treament) reduce the leak? Has anyone had good luck with the Lucas stop leak stuff? 

It only leaks when the engine is hot. When I go on a drive and come back it drips a pretty good puddle down from the bell housing but stops after a couple of minutes. I figure that's from the thermal expansion driving the fluid out of the seal. I also figure that adding STP/Lucas probably won't make much difference but I thought I'd ask here. I've already got a new seal on order. I stopped by the local redneck jeep place to see about paying them to do the install but they want $350 labor; I figure that's worth me doing it myself(again). 

Thicker oil probably won't do much for the leak but it will put additional stress on the BA 10/5, which is marginal to start with.  Stop leaks work by causing the seal to swell but that doesn't seem like it will help.  Does the BA have a vent for the trans?  If so it might be plugged up, causing a pressure buildup inside the trans.  It would be an easy item to start with.

Thicker oil probably won't do much for the leak but it will put additional stress on the BA 10/5, which is marginal to start with.  Stop leaks work by causing the seal to swell but that doesn't seem like it will help.  Does the BA have a vent for the trans?  If so it might be plugged up, causing a pressure buildup inside the trans.  It would be an easy item to start with.

thanks. It does have a vent line; I checked to see if the metal ends were clogged but it is a good idea to pull the hose off and make it sure blows clear. It would be great if there is a blockage is the contributing to the leak. I did add a bottle of Lucas Tranny fix and it shifts a lot better than it did, but I think it was low on fluid before. 

I pulled the vent hose and ran a wire through it from end to end, no obstruction. The hose was dry though, only the tip of the end that is inserted in the case had fluid in it. I guess the seal is compromised to the point that pressure doesn't need to be relieved through the vent line. I guess I have another tranny pull ahead of me

Bummer.  Too bad you didn't find a clog in the line. 

When you have the tranny out check how much side to side play is in the input shaft.  If the bearing is worn out your new seal won't last long at all.  I've done a few input shaft seals on the AX-15 but have never messed with the BA.  I can tell you that installation depth on the AX-15 is critical.

I do recall that there is quite a bit of play in the input shaft. How hard, in general, is it to change a front bearing? I really don't want to put a ton of time/money into a transmisson that will likely not last long anyway but I would like to stop this leak.

Do you know if it's retained by a snap ring or pressed on to the input shaft?  Also does the BA have a separate bearing retainer that secures it to the case?  If it's pressed on to the input shaft you'll have to pull the shaft from the case and press it off.