I got a deal for sure

comancheon33

I am working on finishing up my TNT longarm install. My front axle needed new hubs, and one knuckle joint replaced. So I figured while I had it apart I would get a lock rite for it.

I called my local off road shop to get a price. One of the guys that works there just put a 44/9 inch combo in his cherokee. He priced out a lock rite to me for $280 bucks. Then in the same breath he tells he has his old axle. It was a HP 30 with 297 shafts, new hubs, and a lock rite with 3.55 gears to match my current set up. So I asked out sheer wonder what he wanted for it. He said 300 takes it out the door. I hauled tail to the shop to take a look. Checked it out and haggled a little and took it home for $275. That was one lucky find for me.

great deal. I have everything listed in my front, plus a hi-steer and it cost me a lot more.

My advice to you is to truss the passenger side mount, by addding platye to the back, and by going to the housing. Also pulling the seals, and welding the tubes to the housing will help ensure your axle lives a long and happy life, And adding LCA skids is never a badd idea. Reinforcing the lower mounts is always good.

Patrick

I planned on putting skids on the LCA mounts. I have already wasted mine twice. The tubes are already welded to center. Never thought about trussing the right though. Thats a good idea. Everything ws done really well on this axle. I bought it from the owner of the shop.