99 MJ Conversion Build

Also started sand blasting, but was having lots of issues with the blaster. After a few hours, here's what I ended up with. I am going to take the Jeep down to a local powder coating facility to get a quote on getting the whole truck blasted. Would save me a lot of time and hassle and I don't think its going to be much more than buying the media myself anyways.

• 1 year later...

Time to bring this back to life. I've been incredibly busy with classes and the Baja team that I am apart of. Thinking about ordering some steel for rails. I plan to cut the rockers out completely and replace them with rectangular tubing and reinforce them to the 'frame rails'.

I've been looking for 6"x1.5" but have only been able to find 6x2. Is this even a possible size to buy? Also, not sure if I should be going .25 wall or 3/16. Recommendations?

• 1 month later...

So I picked up a 20ft stick of 6x2x3/16 and 2x2x3/16 for the rockers. Here's some pics of where its at. All of the rust was below the cut line so I won't be having any issues there. The laser level line turned out to be an excellent idea! I'll post more later this week when I get it all put together, but then I am leaving for work for the summer so the project will get put on hold again.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

So for those of you following this build thread, I am new owner of this project.  Great dealing with Jake and his dad on this transaction, and I will start a new build thread to continue this project.  First MJ for me but not my first jeep at least.  Unfortunately the project will be on hold through winter since I had to leave the MJ at my place in Michigan till I get some stuff done at our full time home in Wisconsin.