Where Should I Go To Purchase Parts Online?

First time posting and first MJ.

My recently aquired, '88, manual, 4 cylinder, rattle-can-covered hooptie needs minimally the following parts:

-exhaust system (everything sans the manifold)

-front and rear shock absorbers

-front coil and rear leaf springs

-steering assembly (the works)

-ball joints

-varied brake parts

-all the hangers, bushings, washers, nuts, bolts, etc.

...and I would like to rustle up:

-driver/passenger floor pans

-windshield wiper fluid pump

-cigarette lighter assembly

-sliding rear window

-seats

-side decal(s)

-passenger door lock assembly

When I search for specific items, I almost always end up in some faux-custom shop worm hole, where the parts are chromed-out and stupid pricey. I just want to get my hands on some standard, utilitarian, replacement parts. Any direction/insight would be appreciated.

That's one hell of a list, hope you got that Jeep for cheap.  A lot of those parts can be found at junkyards for fairly cheap.  I usually buy the new parts from Advance Auto Parts, I order online using their coupons and pickup in store but you can get them to ship to your house.  If the passenger door lock assembly is the tumbler (the thing you put the key in) then you might be better off either getting a used one and rekeying it or getting yours fixed.  I have yet to find a company that sells the correct tumblers for the Renix era Jeeps.

First time posting and first MJ.

My recently aquired, '88, manual, 4 cylinder, rattle-can-covered hooptie needs minimally the following parts:

-exhaust system (everything sans the manifold)

-front and rear shock absorbers - Rock Auto

-front coil and rear leaf springs- Rock Auto or private party

-steering assembly (the works) - I'd hit the junkyard AND/OR research and look into upgrading to a stronger ssystem

-ball joints- Rock Auto

-varied brake parts- NAPA, unlesss you know exactly what parts you need (nice to walk in with drums, rotors etc)

-all the hangers, bushings, washers, nuts, bolts, etc. NAPA auto parts - ditto above

...and I would like to rustle up:

-driver/passenger floor pans - dunno

-windshield wiper fluid pump - AutoZone - instock

-cigarette lighter assembly-AutoZone - Generic - in stock

-sliding rear window - ??

-seats - Junk Yard

-side decal(s) - eBay

-passenger door lock assembly-AutoZone-instock

When I search for specific items, I almost always end up in some faux-custom shop worm hole, where the parts are chromed-out and stupid pricey. I just want to get my hands on some standard, utilitarian, replacement parts. Any direction/insight would be appreciated.

I searched two junkyards to build up my MJ.  I'm definitely on a first name basis with the owners of one of them.  Many XJ parts are interchangable, some ZJ parts are interchangable.

It takes a bit of work (and frustration) but generally you can trade some work for incredible deals on DURABLE parts at super low prices.  I've scored some great deals there and hard to find (or even discontinued) parts there.  If you don't have a junkyard handy, or one with few XJ'x, MJ's ZJ's etc. eBay is a good source.  Rock Auto is also reliable and has decent prices.

Certain parts, brakes, electonics should be sourced at the dealer or NAPA only, since all the big box stores usually sell cheaply made, less than reliable parts. 

Thank you 64Cheyenne, Garvin, ParadiseM for the warm reception, time, and effort. I will trek out to a junk yard for the initial search for parts, but Rock Auto and the C.C.wanted section look like they will fill in the gaps.

Garvin: I have a fair amount of experience with locks and the manipulation and repair of the tumblers is, unfortunately, not the totality of the issue. I believe, due to the natural and prevasivness of the damage to various structures of the locking mechanism, that there was a mechanical problem with the door that was not addressed and required that the truck be broken into (without putting out the side window) a number of times. On another subject, I hadn't thought to look for/use coupons and will do so with certainty now.

Para.MJ: Yes, I got this rig for a song. The whole system runs fine, but the ride is like being behind the wheel of a bouncey-castle perched on top of a palm tree that is occasionally possessed by the malicious spirit of an ex-girlfriend/wife.Once that is alliviated, the rest of the project should be good times and gravy.