Engine Overhall Amc 150Cui

Hi guys

after I've read quite a few posts here and there, overtake on the engines, I would like to conclude still take your help.

Or perhaps certainly, you can help me even further.

My engine is to be rebuilt

This engine has the following data:

AMC / Jeep engine cylinder = 4

Year = 12/08/1989

Displacement = 2500 cc

Piston diameter = 3.88

and I wanted to use the following parts:

1) AMC2.5L 150 Engine Rebuild Kit

2) 4 pistons SRP Small Block Chevy 350/400 Flat Top Pistons 144995-1 Forged, Flat, 4030 in. Bore, 1/16 in., 1/16 in., 3/16 in. Ring Grooves,

or

3) 4 pistons SRP Small Block Chevy 350/400 Flat Top Pistons 138100-1 Forged, Flat, 4155 in. Bore, 1/16 in., 1/16 in., 3/16 in. Ring Grooves,

So and now I need to know your:

1) Did any of you ever used this engine rebuild kit and how satisfied you are with it.

2) Is there possibly a better manufacturer of oil pumps as standard for this engine?

3) There is a major oil pans for the engine and if so where I have not found anything.

4) Does any of you if the cylinder heads from the AMC Jeep Cherokee 1995 1989 and are the same?

Still searching for new ROLLER ROCKER ARMS and intake valve and exhaust valves of the engine.

Sun am grateful for ever read and I look forward to plenty of great tips.

Greeting Peter

2) Is there possibly a better manufacturer of oil pumps as standard for this engine?

Answer:

For the oil pump, I like Melling brand. Summit Racing Part Number: MEL-M81A It is around $75.

I always use high volume, standard pressure.

Ive only ever read one account of someone using the Chevy flat top pistons in a 2.5 rebuild. They used standard 4.000 diam pistons in the build. Boring the 2.5 out this much seems to be Ok to do, but I'm not sure I would go any farther than that, as it is untested and will weaken the block. Even 4.000 in is more than the manufacturer allows for a rebuild. Doing this will up the displacement to around 2700cc. I would like to do a build like this myself when the time comes. As for locating roller rocker, you may need to buy a whole set for a 4.0 6 cylinder, and then only use what you need. As far as I know, all the valvetrain parts are interchangable between the 2.5 and 4.0. And from what Ive found in my research, the later model heads don't appear to be any different than the early model heads, all the differences were in the intake manifolds, with the late model ones being port injected, and the early model ones being throttle body injected. Hope this helps. And please don't take this as 100% fact as I am only going on memory. You will need to research this yourself before throwing money at parts that may or may not work. Good luck, and let us know how this rebuild turns out. I am very interested to see how it works out for you for my future project. Thanks.

Here are a couple links to some 2.5 info. You may have seen some of this already. 505 Performance may not have 2.5 cams listed, but they do carry them last I checked with them last year. You would need to email a specific request and ask for a quote.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/2-7l-amc-4-cylinder-take-look-457885/

http://www.505performance.com/