Turn Signal Issues?

I am having turn signal issues. They were working awesome, but then they just stopped working. No blinking on the dash, no nothing. Odd thing is that this started out as they stopped working, and then when I hit the brakes the brake lights wouldn't work BUT the turn signal indicators on the dash would light up SOLID and stay on (as if they were receiving the current from the brake circuit. Anybody know what's going on there? I have replaced the bulbs, wire wheeled the ground behind the driver's tail light, and checked the flasher units on the fusebox. I found out that the emergency flashers DO work but when you turn them on and hit the brakes the same thing happens..the indicators light up and stay solid! Now yesterday the wipers and wiper fluid stopped working as well. Coincidental that it is all on the same "cluster" or "switch" by the steering wheel....HELP!

So..UPDATE! I figured out that I had plugged in the plug backwards when troubleshooting that little black box that the harness plugs into. That took care of the wiper and fluid issue. Now the only thing that doesn't work is the turn signals, and they are having the same issue (Hazards work, but go solid when pressing the brake)

Vaquaro, Thanks for the info! That eliminated some confusion for sure.

So, I shot all the wires for continuity, and everything was looking good. The fuse is good, and switching the flasher out for the emergency flasher at the fuse box did nothing. I had voltage throughout the system, but it still wasn't working. I removed the steering wheel, and disassembled the column to get at the switch within. The switch was full of old nasty dielectric grease, which I cleaned out with some CRC QD Electrical Cleaner (LOVE that stuff). I reapplied dielectric and reassembled. Then I tore out the fuse box, thinking that maybe there was an intermittent or faulty connection within. BOY was I in for a surprise. The fuse box was FULL of sand, hardened factory dielectric grease, and just general CRUD. I used an entire can of electric cleaner on it, and scrubbed the crap out of it with a brass brush. Once it was shiny clean, I checked contact continuity, and reassembled. Low and behold, everything works better than it ever has! Blinker problem solved. What a pain in the butt, however this was something that obviously needed to be done anyways. I am happy to have fixed the problem, and my once "clickety clackity" turn signal switch is now smooth as butter. I took the opportunity to recoat my dash pieces in plasti-dip while everything was disconnected, as well as organizing the rat's nest of wires under the dash and wrapping/bundling them in insulating F4 tape. Looks like brand new! I'll add some pics of the dash and wiring organization later!