i am new to the fourm and new to owning an 88 jeep comanche.

i just went to go to emissions and failed high co actual 25.51 and allowable 25.00; so not by much. i have checked the fuel injectors, spark, compression, map, o2 sensors, cat, and i did a vacuum test which said that the vavle guides are worn but not very badly it bounced at idle between 16-18in hg at idle. no smoke at start up cold or hot, and no smoke during run. the cat is new and it is possible that it is compensating by burning the oil, but i have no clue.

it also has a intermittent miss that i can't seem to pin down. i am at a loss, pls anybody ideas?

2.5 or 4.0?

How have you checked these things?

For example, spark. Did you check to see if you had spark or did you check the plugs for fouling?

Are they gapped correctly? How old are they? How bout the plug wires? Intermittent issue with them can cause missing.

How are the cap and rotor? Any corrosion? Moisture?

The more information you can give us, the more likely someone will come up with your solution.

2.5 or 4.0?

How have you checked these things?

For example, spark. Did you check to see if you had spark or did you check the plugs for fouling?

Are they gapped correctly? How old are they? How bout the plug wires? Intermittent issue with them can cause missing.

How are the cap and rotor? Any corrosion? Moisture?

The more information you can give us, the more likely someone will come up with your solution.

Correct. Tuneup hardware must be in good shape. Plugs, wires, cap, and rotor every 30,000 miles. I like NGK plugs and Napa premium cap, rotor, and wireset.

Make sure all your intake manifold bolts are snug. Spray the intake area wit TB cleaner to check for any vacuum leaks.

Ever replace the oxygen sensor? Recommended interval for that is about 80,000 miles.

The CCV lines need to be free from cracks, obstructions, and accumulated carbon deposits. Those can also cause some oil consumption and wacky vacuum readings.