My Mj Wouldn't Strart. ???????????

Couple a days ago I tried to fire up my MJ but it wouldn't start. Several days before that it took more cranking than usual to get it started. Once I got it started, it ran fine for the next couple days. Then it did it again but this time it refused to start. Ran the battery down trying. Out came the charger. OK, maybe it's a fuel issue. Sprayed some starting fluid down the intake, cranked it over .... nothing. OK, must be a spark issue. Sure enough ... no spark. Hmmmmm. Pulled the cap and rotor, checked and cleaned um both but still no spark. Ahhhhh, the coil must have crapped out on me. That's OK. Before I go buy one, I'll try the one out of my 89 XJ. Nope .... still no spark.

By now I'm really starting to scratch my head. Hmmmmm. OK, what tells the ign to fire? How bout the CPS. It could cause a no spark issue. Problem is, I don't know how to test it. What tha hell. I decided to take a look at it anyway. By process of elimination, I figured I'd start by checking the wire harness/plug connector going to it. Unpluged the harness and although it looked fine I sprayed it with some cleaner, got out my mini file set, filed the pin connectors a little, sprayed it again, added some ele grease and pluged it back togather. Although I didn't think that connector was my problem, I decided to give it a try anyway.

Crank, crank .... Va-roooom.

In short ......... Never overlook the little things. Their usually the ones that cost us the most time and $$$ .