No Power To My Truck

I have a 1987 4.0 standard 4x4 that will not crank or start. First, this morning I drove down to the car wash and washed my chassis and my engine. I drove back to my house and went in for a couple minutes. When I went to leave again my truck had noise from the solenoid but was not engaging the starter or turning the motor or even attempting too. We tried to jump start the truck with no results. The power then went away completely. We tried to push start it and nothing happened. I went and bought a battery and new ground. Put that in and still nothing. THere is no power in the cab or to anything at all. I cleaned where it connects to the engine also. I did not have the truck running when I was washing it either. Any help with the fix? Thanks, JP

I'd check the battery cables again...and all the connections there. If it won't jump there is a problem with the power getting to the ignition. The batt cables can also corrode inside and look perfectly fine on the outside. Those battery terminals and connections gotta be clean, dry, tight. I'm sure power washing it didn't help.