HELP PLEASE RADIATOR INFO....

HI , I,m about to make an order with NOVAK, My MJ will be running 5.7 LS1. The question i ask, is there any other makers of big capasity radiators out ther to suit MJ-LS1 combo, is copper better than aluminum. I,m sure the NOVAK radiator is a great product

just want to cover all bases before placeing the order any info would be great

Thanks in advance

I'm thinking on a carburated 68 327 in mine. On a chevy site, I was told this should be plenty adequate given their quoted horsepower rating. As they said, one of the main things is moving the air through it, so get a good electric fan! I do believe I have run across people who used a good electric fan with the stock 4.0 radiator with a chevy small block for street use and it has been fine.

http://www.championradiators.com/page/419843580

Difference is where the out and in are on the radiator, but if you use an electric fan, I think it can be made to work with some routing of hoses using some solid tubing along the bottom of the radiator.

I'm thinking on a carburated 68 327 in mine. On a chevy site, I was told this should be plenty adequate given their quoted horsepower rating. As they said, one of the main things is moving the air through it, so get a good electric fan! I do believe I have run across people who used a good electric fan with the stock 4.0 radiator with a chevy small block for street use and it has been fine.

http://www.championradiators.com/page/419843580

Difference is where the out and in are on the radiator, but if you use an electric fan, I think it can be made to work with some routing of hoses using some solid tubing along the bottom of the radiator.

Thanks streetjeep2.5 for the info. checked out the championradiators, look like a nice product. Will probley go with the Novak as thay are built for LS1 converson & have a nice 9" electric fan set up to suit.

The champ radiator would have been a great replacement me stock XJ when that crapped out last month, at least now i know about them :thumbsup: