Trans fluid smell in cab

Finally after a month I figured out why I was smelling tranny fluid in the cab, but I don't know how to fix it. If you pull the center console and take off the shifter boot and all that stuff then take off that little dust cover. I found tranny fluid pooled up there. Cleaned it up thinking I spilt some ( had work done) week later and I'm smelling it again..... I guess there is a seal or something there that needs replaced, can I get to it up top or do I get to drop the tranny again?

After removing all the boots and dust covers and all that. Right where the shifter meets the transmission. There is like a little bowl looking thing and it gets just a little tiny bit of fluid pooled up right there in that bowl and after driving it gets hot and starts smelling. I will try and get a picture of the exact spot I'm talking about so I can show everyone. I don't think that the transmission is over filled, but will check again. I drained and filled like your supposed to. (I hope) took out bottom plug let it drain, put it back in and pumped it into the top plug. Used a bottle of Lucas and the rest is the right fluid.

Should specify its a standard. Not automatic. 5 speed. I pulled everything out today and cleaned it really well. I also pulled the cover thing off my parts truck which is completely different and not there at all on my working truck. Well it is now. A technician buddy of mine described it as blow back. I have pics I will post as soon as possible.

• 3 months later...