1988 lifted Comanche 4.0/5speed 4x4-Ohio

Like the title says its 1988 4.0L 5 speed 4x4 Comanche with 116k original miles(pioneer model). Its a long bed model with Dana 44 rear axle and dana 30 front(4.10 gears I was told). Paint is not original but is actually pretty nice, it has its bad spots but you have to look closely to find them. I'm asking $3800.

Body is in great condition, underside has normal rust for its age. Considering this truck is from the midwest I'd say it was in impeccable condition. Doesn't seem like its ever been offroad. Starts with two cranks, runs good, shifts good and has nice street manners.

-5.5inch rough country lift (heavier duty steering gear)

-35x12.5-15 BF goodrich A/T's(90%+) on Mickey Thompson aluminum wheels

-Sony Head unit

-Hurst shifter

-Straight pipe from the manifold back with a flowmaster type muffler(sounds very good)

-Re-Upholstered headliner

-A/C does not work but all parts are intact

-new gas tank

-posi-lock cable for front axle engagement

-Brand new interstate battery

Bad:

I've never taken up the rubber floor but from underneath you can see the driver floorboard had a softball size hole along the frame rail which was covered over. The rear end needs a new ring and pinion. The guy I bought the truck from said a bolt came out of the ring gear and got tossed around. He just parked it for awhile and put another bolt in to move the truck to his new house, then I came along and bought the truck(He moved on to another jeep). I popped the cover off the diff and did a quick inspection to find that the carrier is fine but the ring gear has a couple chipped teeth. Runs and drives great but the rearend just howls. If I have the truck for to much longer I may just fix it, buy some smaller tires and wheel it.

I've only owned this truck for a couple months, it was sort of an impulse buy on my part because I fell in love with the look. But I need something with more interior space and better gas mileage. Not sure what I was thinking buying a truck with 35's and expecting decent gas mileage comanche.gif

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Please post any comments or questions and I'll try to respond to the best of my knowledge. I'm not a jeep guy but I am a fluent gear head. Truck is located in Cincinnati, Ohio.

Amended. Thank you.

I also have the skid plate for the gas tank, hadn't gotten around to putting it back on after changing the tank.

You should put the stock suspension back on and we can work out a price. ;)

Unfortunately I bought it the way it is, but I'm getting ready to pull the rear and get the ring and pinion sorted out.

I've had so little interest on such a pretty truck :dunno:

You should put the stock suspension back on and we can work out a price. ;)

Unfortunately I bought it the way it is, but I'm getting ready to pull the rear and get the ring and pinion sorted out.

I've had so little interest on such a pretty truck :dunno:

I'm interested, but the rear end and 35s throw me off. It's decent looking for living in Ohio, but am looking for more a DD then a 4x4 rig.

I'm interested, but the rear end and 35s throw me off. It's decent looking for living in Ohio, but am looking for more a DD then a 4x4 rig.

I'm gonna be fixing the rearend hopefully ASAP, I just have to get the gearset ordered.

You could always try to trade the 35's for something smaller, there are a couple adds on CL Cincinnati for that exact swap. If I end up keeping the truck I was gonna trade for some 33's.

You could always try to trade the 35's for something smaller, there are a couple adds on CL Cincinnati for that exact swap. If I end up keeping the truck I was gonna trade for some 33's.

Ideal would be 31s for me with various options. In any case finding the "perfect" MJ is proving difficult, so I have to cave on some of my wants.

Archived