2.5 2WD MJ, Salem OR

Guy on another board I'm on was asking me questions about MJ's as he was looking at one locally to purchase (he's not going to), but I thought I'd toss this out here for y'all up that way in case anyone's interested. Here's the CL link: http://salem.craigslist.org/cto/2888288544.html

Here's a snip from one of his PM's to me after he went to look at it, to give you an idea of the general condition. IMHO, the lady is asking too much for it, but I don't really know what the market is in the area......

Hi Jeff' date=' I went and looked at the truck last night and ultimately passed on it because it represented too much of a project and my wife says "one project car at a time". Since I have an e30 in the garage without an engine I had to pass.

But if you have members in Oregon that are interested in this, I'll save them some legwork.

The owner is a very sweet woman, but can not answer any mehanical questions about the truck. She's driven it to get hay around the countryside for the past couple years. It had several vacuum hoses unplugged, as well as a couple engine bay wiring harnesses. They might be for accessories, but I wasn't sure. The bottom of the engine and the 4spd manual transmission were covered in oil and dripping onto the rusted exhaust pipe. No rear bumper, no headliner, tires had tread but were marginal in my opinion. E-brake is broken, left turn signal is always on, it is the idiot light cluster version. Speedometer needle bounces a lot. Wiper blade came off when I turned it on. Bench seat is toast, duct tape repair.

No major rust, although there was a hole in the rubber floor mat full of wet dirt. I didn't pull it all the way up but I suspect there might be some badness hiding underneath. The bottoms of the doors looked like they were beginning to rust along the pinchweld. Backup lights were out or missing. Perhaps most distressing to me is that the door brackets looked like they were re-welded at some point. Both door brakes were missing, and the ugly welds had rust around them. Bed had big crease where something heavy slid towards the cab.

Drove ok, but steering was very loose. Probably 15 degrees play off center without actually moving the car.For a decent project shell, someone might be interested, but she was steadfast at $1500 and it was too much of a project for me to take on.

Here's the ad:

http://salem.craigslist.org/cto/2888288544.html

Thanks again for your generous help[/quote']