Sway bar link bolts

My stock sway bar links finally broke, and there only 22 years old!? :rotf: So I bought some new links for a 93+ XJ so they are longer for my 3" lift up front. I can't get the old rusty bolts free that mount the link to the axle so I have to cut them. Has anyone run into this before, trying to find the correct bolts to replace them? My problem is the stud that is supposed to be splined and pressed in is spinning.

My stock sway bar links finally broke, and there only 22 years old!? :rotf: So I bought some new links for a 93+ XJ so they are longer for my 3" lift up front. I can't get the old rusty bolts free that mount the link to the axle so I have to cut them. Has anyone run into this before, trying to find the correct bolts to replace them? My problem is the stud that is supposed to be splined and pressed in is spinning.

I experienced the same thing. If I recall correctly, large vice grips, a hack saw, many four letter words and some bloody knuckels got them loose.

I got em out!! :fs1: Large pair of vise grips and a breaker bar with a pipe for more leverage did the trick. For anyone that has 2-3" of lift up front the 93-96 links worked perfectly. My sway bar now sits level with 3" because they are 1 inch longer than the 89 links.